Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sledding/sliding...it's the same thrill!

...especially when the slide is coated with ice! 

We took a walk to the sea on Tuesday.  It's just 2 blocks away!  We found this awesome park.  I can't wait to see it in the summer.  I think we were climbing on snow-covered rocks, but I'm not sure!  At one point, I was stuck in snow thigh high.  I got a little nervous because I had my camera around my neck and I didn't know how I was going to get out of the thigh-high snow without getting the camera full of snow, but somehow I managed to get out.  (In the meantime, Lily lightly walked on top of the snow right next to me--taunting me with her mobility as I was stuck in the snow and getting a bit claustrophobic.)


Anyway, as we walked and walked, we found this playground built into the side of a hill.



The slides were crazy fast because they were coated with ice.

The boys were actually airborne a couple of times.  At the end, you slam into little wall of snow.  I think this must be how Olympic luge athletes start their training! 



The smaller slide was actually faster and curvier, so you could get more air.






The landings looked a bit painful to me...I contemplated giving it a try, but I  had my camera around my neck ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment